Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Saturday, October 29, 2005

arghhh

holidays have almost started. i've just got to go into uni on monday to drop pff a little 500 word essay saying i actually did work during the studio, and then i'm done. i don't think i like holidays much. i think i get a bit to involved in uni. people ask me what i do for a hobby, and i find it hard to answer. do i have interests? or is it that they are not interesting to other people?

i also discovered recently i am a music slut. as interesting as that sounds it merely means that i mould my taste in music to fit in with the people around me. i have a pretty varied taste. mostly i listen to sort of indie stuff, and anything with girl singers, for some reason i find pretty good. but recently at work a gothic collegue asked me what sort of music i liked. i looked at her, weighed her up and said, " the old stuff, you know, hendrix, led zeppelin. etc" while it is true that i like this stuff it is not characteristic of my general taste. but she was like " wow, you've got really good taste in music for someone your age" and now i kind of wallow in this fake pool of brotherhood with her because we are " taking a stand", or something.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cernunnos said...

I listen to the same music I listened to five years ago. Yeah.

7:54 PM, October 29, 2005  
Blogger Britt said...

I used to have hobbies, but i got so lazy I couldn't be bothered. These holidays i'm teaching my sister how to play basketball, then we'll join a local team. Nothing like sport for some mindless aggression. tell you the truth, all I want to do is make the uniforms as i recall basketball brings out a zealous competitive streak i don't like. Maybe I can be one of those psycho coaches that pace the sidelines and hurl abuse at the refs...

12:21 AM, October 30, 2005  
Blogger Britt said...

Damn basketball, now i'm thinking about it.

i 'wallow in a fake pool of brotherhood' with many a different people, music tastes, fashion, sports. I guess i'm a bit of a fake person.

remember that music festival rhumba?
a friend of mine got some photos developed after we saw Jon Spencer Blues explosion (they're semi alright, but i'll say they're great to my friend) and the person at the photos place said...'wow you guys went to rhumba, you're so lucky!'
us...'er, rhumba fuck no!'

1:07 AM, October 31, 2005  
Blogger liam said...

rhumba bah humbug

8:36 AM, October 31, 2005  
Blogger Britt said...

I laughed at someone when they said 'cool I love the vines, especially (insert frontman's name here)' mainly becuase it was upon them seeing a photo of Karen O.
Now I don't know if they think she looks like a guy, or the vines dude looks like a chick...
Now I'm no music buff, so perhaps I shouldn't have laughed such a scornful laugh.

...word verification eh? got sick of the spam comments?

12:27 AM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Haley said...

Hehe ok so I know you posted this like a month ago, but I haven't really discoved your blog and read through it. I do the same thing with music, and yeah hobbies some times I think that maybe blogging is a hobbie. Intresting.

1:49 PM, November 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home