Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Saturday, April 22, 2006

XIU XIU = {Siu Siu/SEEYOU sEEYOU/SHOO SHOO}




saw XIU XIU tonight. was very nice, hard to explain, sufficient to say not mainstream, and it makes me feel like curling up on a bed and crying myself to sleep. (in a nice way, if that's possible. not that that's what i will do of course) some of the percussion was amazing, they had cymbals that sounded like time shredding itself apart, and the integration with the backing track was enough to make me rethink my prejudices against them.

they were supported by Because of Ghosts, who were a good solid instrumental band who i enjoyed live much more then some of the recorded stuff i had heard led me to expect, as normally things without vocals make me fall asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home